Door and Window frames
Anatomy of a Door Frame
Open-In / Open-Out Thresholds
Frames are manufactured with cil to suit an inward or outward opening door.
Open Indoor frames are not recommended for areas exposed to driving rain.
Open Outdoor frames by design prevent water from entering, even when exposed to wind-driven rain.
Main Door Frames
Bedroom Door Frames
7 'X 3 1/4'
8' X 3'
7' X 3'
4" X 3"
4" X 2 1/2"
Toilet Door Frames
7 'X 2 3/4'
8' X 2 1/2'
7' X 2 1/2'
4" X 2 1/2"
Balcony Door Frames
7' X 7' | 8' X 4'
8' X 6' | 7' X 4'
5" X 3" | 4" X 3"
5" X 2 1/2"
Public Spaces Door Frames
10' X 10'
9" X 4" | 5" X 4"
8" X 4" | 5" X 3"
Main Door Frame Designs
Other Frame Designs
Installing a Door Frame
- The Door frame must be tied to the brickwork during building work with wall ties e.g. galvanized hoop iron placed 300mm from top and bottom of frame at a maximum spacing of 850mm, a 2100mm high frame would have three ties per side and a 2400mm four.
- Backs of door frame jambs and top/threshold must be adequately sealed.
- The Door frame must be built-in plumb and square with a pre - stressed lintel overhead to overhead weight of the bricks.
- The Door frame must be supported as shown to prevent it moving during building.
- The Door frame stretchers/struts/braces, must be kept in place until walls are dry to prevent inward sagging.
- The Door frame must be positioned to allow for finished floor level,to prevent excessive height trimming when fitting doors.
- The Door frames must be protected after building in by boards to prevent damage from whelbarrows and other types of equipments etc.
Dispenser Foam / PU Foam
A one-component foam system for reliable stop and go dispensing.
Fields of Application
- Insulating and sealing doors and windows in fire-rated building elements.
- Backfilling around service penetrations prior to being used as backing material for CP 601S, CP 606 and CP 61A Passive Fire Resistance sealants and mastics.
- Tested in accordance with the criteria laid down in BS476 Part 20.
Features and Benefits
- Simple and ready-to-use 1 component polyurethane foam system.
- Ozone friendly propellant that meets the 1987 Montreal Agreement.
- Economical and minimal wastage due to high foam yield and the ability to regulate dispenser.
- Insulating, filing and adhesive properties.
(@73°F/23°C and 50% Relative Humidity)
Window Frame Option With And Without Mosquito Net
Window Frames Without Mullion
Window Frames With Mullion
6' X 5' | 4' X 4'
6' X 4' | 4' X 3'
5' X 4' |
5' X 2 1/2'
4' X 3'
4' X 2 1/2'